IEEE COMMUNICATIONS SOCIETY
Signal Processing and Communications Electronics Technical Committee (SPCE)
Minutes of Technical Committee Meeting at ICC, Kansas City, USA, 2018
May 22, 2018
- Introductions – The TC meeting was started at 12:30 PM. The SPCE Chair Dr. Octavia Dobre introduced the agenda of the meeting and welcomed all SPCE members to the meeting. Attendees introduced themselves. The Charter of the TC and current officers were introduced as well.
- Minutes of GLOBECOM 2017 – The draft minutes of GLOBECOM 2017 SPCE TC meeting were shown and the Chair checked with the audience if there were any corrections. There were no requests for modification or other comments and the minutes were then approved to be posted on the SPCE web site.
- Technical Program Committee Reports
- SPC Symposium – ICC 2018: Co-chairs for the symposium include Xiaohu Ge (Huazhong University of Science and Technology, China), Takahiko Saba (Chiba Institute of Technology, Japan), and Andrea Giorgetti (University of Bologna, Italy). Takahiko Saba was recommended by SPCE. The number of submissions was 142, and the number of TPC members was 440.
- CT Symposium – ICC 2018: Co-chairs for the symposium include Maged Elkashlan (Queen Mary University of London, UK), Aylin Yener (Pennsylvania State University, USA), and Yonghui Li (The University of Sydney, Australia). Yonghui Li was recommended by SPCE. The number of submissions was 113, and the number of TPC members was 132.
- WC Symposium – ICC 2018: Co-chairs for the symposium include Walaa Hamouda (Concordia University, Canada), Lian Zhao (Ryerson University, Canada), Lingjia Liu (Virginia Technology University, USA), Huiling Zhu (University of Kent, UK), and Junfeng Xiao (Huawei Technologies, China). Lian Zhao was recommended by SPCE. The number of submissions was 422, and the number of TPC members was 486.
- SPC Symposium – GLOBECOM 2018: Co-chairs for the symposium include Ali Grayeb (TAMU, Qatar), Caijun Zhong (Zhejiang University, China), and Arafat Al-Dweik (Kalifa University, UAE). Caijun Zhong was recommended by SPCE.
- SPC Symposium – ICC 2019: Co-chairs for the symposium include Jingxian Wu (University of Arkansas, USA), Yongming Huang (Southeast University, China), and Yi Ma (University of Surrey, UK). Jingxian Wu was recommended by SPCE.
- WC Symposium – ICC 2019: Co-chairs for the symposium include Xu (Judy) Zhu (University of Liverpool, UK), Harpreet Dhillon (Virginia Tech, USA), Feifei Gao (Tsinghua University, China), Julian Cheng (University of British Columbia, Canada), and Andreas Knopp (Universität der Bundeswehr München). Feifei Gao was recommended by SPCE.
- SPC Symposium – GLOBECOM 2019: Co-chairs for the symposium include Ana Garcia Armada (University Carlos III of Madrid, Spain), Haijun Zhang (University of Science and Technology, Beijing, China), and Abdelhamid Mellouk (Université Paris-Est Créteil). All the members were recommended by SPCE.
- Other Endorsed Conferences by SPCE
- WiSEE 2019 (Ottawa, Canada, October 2019), SPCE members involved: Marco Chiani, Rui Dinis, Xu Zhu, Yik-Chung Wu
- ICNC 2019 (Honolulu, Hawaii, USA, February 2019), SPCE members involved: Stefano Basagni, Ebrahim Bedeer, Hsiao-Chun Wu
- ICSPCS 2018 (Cairns, Australia, December 2018), SPCE members involved: Octavia Dobre, Jinhong Yuan, Takahiko Saba
- WCSP 2018 (Hangzhou, China October 2018), SPCE members involved: Lajos Hanzo, Jigxian Wu, Shaodan Ma
- NanoCom 2018 (Reykjavik, Iceland, September 2018), SPCE members involved: Markku Juntti, Robert Schober, Marcello Caleffi
- ICT 2018 (Saint-Malo, France, June 2018), SPCE members involved: Octavia A. Dobre, Ana Garcia Armada, Markku Juntti
- Special Interest Group (SIG) Activity Report – The following SIGs have been organized recently:
- SIG on Signal Processing Techniques in 5G Communication Systems. Chairs include Chau Yuen, SUTD, Singapore; Woon Hau Chin, Toshiba Research Lab, UK; Yan Zhang, Simula Research Lab, Norway; Linglong Dai, Tsinghua University, China and Shiwen Mao, Auburn University, USA. Over 20 members have been recruited.
- A number of special issues have been developed, including IEEE JSAC, special issue on mmWave, June and July of 2017; IEEE Transactions on Multimedia, Special Issue on Video over Future Networks: Emerging Technologies, Infrastructures, and Applications, Oct. 2017; IEEE Wireless Communications, special issue on NOMA, to appear; IEEE Access Journal, Special Issue on Cooperative and Intelligent Sensing, to appear; IEEE Access, special issue on The Internet of Energy: Architectures, Cyber Security, and Applications; IEEE Wireless Communications Magazine, special issue on Wireless Big Data: Technologies and Applications; IEEE Access, special issue on Deployment and Management of Small Heterogeneous Cells for 5G.
- SIG on Signal Processing Techniques for Big Data in Wireless Networks. Chair: Jingxian Wu, University of Arkansas; Vice Chair: Huaiyu Dai, North Carolina State University. Proposed activity plan includes: Journal special issues: JSAC, IEEE Access, EURASIP WIN; Conference workshops and special sessions: Globecom, ICC, WCNC, GlobeSIP; Form LinkedIn group. Recent activity of the SIG include:
- Technical scope of SIG includes: Low-dimensional and sparse signal representations in wireless systems; Signal processing based on graphic models; Advanced interference coordination techniques with cloud computing; Distributed optimization algorithms over wireless networks; Resource management (energy, storage, bandwidth, complexity, etc.); High-dimensional statistical learning for wireless signals; Scalable and decentralized optimizations in ad hoc networks; Randomized algorithms; Bad data detection/Intrusion detection in sensor networks; Security and privacy in big data; Fundamental limits: convergence, consistency, robustness, and performance guarantees
- SPCE TC Newsletter
- Editor: Prof. Ana Garcia Armada.
- Goal: to share important information for the members of the committee; to have some brief contact approximately every six months; to become a useful communication tool; it will be brief and at the same time open for everybody to contribute.
- The 3rd issue of the newsletter has been published in May 2017, it is available at http://spce.committees.comsoc.org/newsletter/
7. Other Business
- Next SPCE meeting will be held during GLOBECOM 2018 in Abu Dhabi, UAE.
8. Adjourn – Dr. Octavia Dobra thanked SPCE members for the support in the past years. The meeting was adjourned at 1:45 PM. There were 41 people in attendance.
9. Attendance List
|Jingxian Wu||University of Arkansasfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Xianbin Wang||Western Universityemail@example.com|
|Shahid Mumtaz||IT, Aveirofirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Geoffrey Li||Georgia Tech.||email@example.com|
|Octavia Dobre||Memorial Universityfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Naveed Ul Hassan||LUMS, Lahoreemail@example.com|
|Takahiko Saba||Chiba Institute of Tech.||firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Tomoaki Ohtsuki||Keio Universityemail@example.com|
|Andrea Giorgetti||University of Bolognafirstname.lastname@example.org|
|S. Lambotharan||Loughborough Universityemail@example.com|
|Ana García Armada||UC3Mfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Chih-Peng Li||National Sun Yat-sen Univ.||email@example.com|
|Telex Ngatched||Memorial Universityfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Yuan Shen||Tsinghua Universityemail@example.com|
|Rui Dinis||FCT UNLfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Xiangwei Zhou||Louisiana State Universityemail@example.com|
|Zhijin Qin||Lancaster Universityfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Yuanwei Liu||Queen Mary Univ. of Londonemail@example.com|
|Le Liang||Georgia Tech.||firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Harpreet Dhillon||Virginia Tech.||email@example.com|
|Cheng Li||Memorial Universityfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Jun Zheng||Southeast Universityemail@example.com|
|Mai Vu||Tufts Universityfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Kyeong Jin Kim||MERLemail@example.com|
|Marco Di Renzo||Paris-Saclay Univ. / CNRSfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Nan Yang||Australian National Univ.||email@example.com|
|Long Le||University of Quebecfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Ling Lin||ICT/ CASemail@example.com|
|Zongshuai Zhang||ICT/ CASfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Pawel Dmochowski||Victoria Univ. of Wellingtonemail@example.com|
|Chia-Han Lee||National Chiao Tung Univ.||firstname.lastname@example.org|
|George Alexandropoulos||Huawei Technologies Franceemail@example.com|
|Chenhao Qi||Southeast Universityfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Wenyan Ma||Southeast Universityemail@example.com|
|Jinhong Yuan||University of NSWfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Lisu Yu||University of Arkansasemail@example.com|
|Samrat Nath||University of Arkansasfirstname.lastname@example.org|