Minutes of SPCE TC Meeting at ICC 2015, London, UK
11 June, 2015
1. Introductions – The TC meeting was started at 12:30 PM. The SPCE Chair Dr. Hai Lin welcomed all members to the meeting. Attendees introduced themselves.
2. Minutes of GLOBECOM 2014 – The draft minutes of GLOBECOM 2014 TC meeting were shown and Chair checked with audience if there were any necessary corrections. There were no requests from modification or other comments and the minutes were then approved to be posted on the SPCE web site.
3. Technical Program Committee Reports
- SPC Symposium – ICC 2015: Representative of the SPCE to the SPC Symposium: Sumei Sun, I2R, Singapore; the symposium received a total of 229 submissions; 81 papers were accepted (35.37% acceptance rate).
- SPC Symposium – GLOBECOM 2015: Representative of the SPCE to the SPC Symposium: Himal Suraweera, University of Peradeniya, Sri Lanka. A total of 169 papers were received. Review process was still undergoing and decision not made yet.
- WCS Symposium – GLOBECOM 2015:Representative of the SPCE to the SPC Symposium: Octavia Dobre, Memorial University, Canada. A total of 150 papers were received. Review process was still undergoing with 4 assigned receivers for each paper. Decision not made yet.
- CT Symposium – GLOBECOM 2015:Representative of the SPCE to the SPC Symposium: Jingxian Wu University of Arkansas, USA. A total of 473 papers were received. Review process was undergoing with 4 assigned receivers for each paper. Decision not made yet.
- ICC 2016: Our representatives: Shaodan Ma and Dr. Tomohiko Taniguchi for SPC Symposium; Dimitrie Popescu for WC Symposium; Xu Zhu for CT Symposium.
- GLOBECOM 2016: Our nominations: Maged Elkashlan, WC Symposium, Jinhong Yuan for CT Symposium, Trung Q. Duong for SPC Symposium, and Muhammad Zeeshan Shakir for CogRN Symposium.
4. Other Endorsed Conferences
- APCC 2015 (Kyoto, Japan); Members involved: Tomoaki Ohtsuki, Takahiko Saba, Hai Lin
- ICSPCS 2015 (Cairns, Australia); Members involved: Tadeusz A. Wysocki, Jinhong Yuan, Octavia Dobre
- WCSP 2015 (Nanjing, China); Members involved: Yulong Zou, Lingyang Song, Meixia Tao, Wei Xu
5. Standards Liaisons Report – SDB board liaison: Rath Vannithamby, Intel Corp.
- IEEE 5G Workshop was held on 21st Apr’15 with participation from Industry and Academia (20 members). Radio-Channel modelling, RAN-Front-hauling, Core Network-Cloud based API, Services-Radio analytics aspects discussed. Further discussions are also planned to discuss formation of research/study groups. Participation via ComSoc community website.
- 3GPP 5G Workshop (non-IEEE standards activity). A workshop will take place so that companies can share their views on the next generation radio technology and the work required by radio access network (RAN). The workshop will take place on Sep 17-18 in Phoenix, US.
6. Special Interest Group (SIG) Activity Report – The TC Chair Dr. Hai Lin overviewed the recent initiatives of SPCE in engaging the members. The following SIGs have been approved:
- SIG on Signal Processing Techniques in 5G Communication Systems. Chairs include Chau Yuen, SUTD, Singapore; Woon Hau Chin, Toshiba Research Lab, UK; Yan Zhang, Simula Research Lab, Norway; Linglong Dai, Tsinghua University, China and Shiwen Mao, Auburn University, USA. Over 20 members have been recruited.
- SIG on Signal Processing Techniques for Big Data in Wireless Networks. Chair: Jingxian Wu, University of Arkansas; Vice Chair: Huaiyu Dai, North Carolina State University. Proposed activity plan includes: Journal special issues: JSAC, IEEE Access, EURASIP WIN; Conference workshops and special sessions: Globecom, ICC, WCNC, GlobeSIP; Form LinkedIn group.
7. Other Business – Next SPCE meeting will be held during GLOBECOM 2015 in San Diego, USA.
8. Adjourn – The meeting was adjourned at 1:00 PM. There were 71 people in attendance.
Appendix: List of Meeting Attendees
|Gan Zheng||University of Essexfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Sangarapillri Lambotharan||Loughborough Universityemail@example.com|
|Yiqing Zhou||Chinese Academy of Sciencesfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Ling Liu||Chinese Academy of Sciencesemail@example.com|
|Xiangyun Zhou||Australian National Universityfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Salman Durrani||Australian National Universityemail@example.com|
|Nan Yang||Australian National Universityfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Wei Wang||Zhejiang Universityemail@example.com|
|Guanding Yu||Zhejiang Universityfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Taewon Hwang||Yonsei Universityemail@example.com|
|Adlen Ksentini||University of Rennes1firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Biao He||Australian National Universityemail@example.com|
|Y-W. Peter Hong||National Tsing Hua Univ.||firstname.lastname@example.org|
|His-Pin Ma||National Tsing Hua Univ.||email@example.com|
|Xijun Wang||Xidian Universityfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Edward Jorswieck||TU Dresdenemail@example.com|
|Octavia Dobre||Memorial Universityfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Hai Lin||Osaka Perfecture Universityemail@example.com|
|Xianbin Wang||Western Universityfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Wei Liu||University of Sheffieldemail@example.com|
|Takahiko Saba||Chiba Institute of Technologyfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Markku Juntti||University of Ouluemail@example.com|
|Shaodan Ma||University of Macaufirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Tomoki Ohtsuki||Keio Universityemail@example.com|
|P. Y. Kam||National University of Singaporefirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Scott Fowler||Linkoping Universityemail@example.com|
|Jingxian Wu||University of Arkansasfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Yonghui Li||University of Sydneyemail@example.com|
|Agge Los Bletasas||Technical University of Cretefirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Wei Chen||Tsinghua Universityemail@example.com|
|Andrea Conti||University of Ferrarafirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Yuan Shen||Tsinghua Universityemail@example.com|
|Zhu Han||University of Houstonfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Moon Ho Lee||Chonbuk National Universityemail@example.com|
|Jinhong Yuan||University of New South Walesfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Fulvio Babich||University of Triesieemail@example.com|
|Xiaojun Yuan||Shanghai Tech, Chinafirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Chia-Han Lee||Academia Sinica||Chiahan@citi.sinica.edu.tw|
|Linda Davis||University of South Austrialiaemail@example.com|
|Fanggang Wang||Beijing Jiaotong Universityfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Jingwen Zhang||Beijing Jiaotong Universityemail@example.com|
|Xiaoli Chu||University of Sheffieldfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Ming Ding||NICTA, Australiaemail@example.com|
|Hongjian Sun||Durham Universityfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Linglong Dai||Tsinghua Universityemail@example.com|
|Trung Q. Duong||Qeen’s University Belfastfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Qoor Tuan Vien||Middlesex Universityemail@example.com|
|Tarik Taleb||Aalto Universityfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Weixi Zhou||Southeast Jiaotong Universityemail@example.com`|
|Hao Song||Southeast Jiaotong Universityfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Yun Liao||Peking Universityemail@example.com|
|Chih-Peng Li||National Sun Yat-Sen Universityfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Chin-Liang Wang||National Tsing Hua Univ.||email@example.com|
|Xu Zhu||University of Liverpoolfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Chengxiang Wang||Heriot-Watt Universityemail@example.com|
|Hunh-Yu Wei||National Taiwan Universityfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Tzu-Hsien Sang||National Chiao Tung Universityemail@example.com|
|Huan Nguyen||Middlesex Universityfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Jing Yang||University of Arkansas||Jingyang@uark.edu|
|Dimitry Kliazovich||University of Luxeenbourgemail@example.com|
|Song Guo||Unviersity of Aizufirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Marco Mretti||University of Pisaemail@example.com|
|Chau Yuen||Singpaore University of Technology and Designfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Lingyang Song||Peking Universityemail@example.com|
|Xiaojiang Du||Temple Universityfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Cheng Li||Memorial Universityemail@example.com|