Minutes of SPCE TC Meeting at ICC 2015, London, UK
11 June, 2015
1. Introductions – The TC meeting was started at 12:30 PM. The SPCE Chair Dr. Hai Lin welcomed all members to the meeting. Attendees introduced themselves.
2. Minutes of GLOBECOM 2014 – The draft minutes of GLOBECOM 2014 TC meeting were shown and Chair checked with audience if there were any necessary corrections. There were no requests from modification or other comments and the minutes were then approved to be posted on the SPCE web site.
3. Technical Program Committee Reports
- SPC Symposium – ICC 2015: Representative of the SPCE to the SPC Symposium: Sumei Sun, I2R, Singapore; the symposium received a total of 229 submissions; 81 papers were accepted (35.37% acceptance rate).
- SPC Symposium – GLOBECOM 2015: Representative of the SPCE to the SPC Symposium: Himal Suraweera, University of Peradeniya, Sri Lanka. A total of 169 papers were received. Review process was still undergoing and decision not made yet.
- WCS Symposium – GLOBECOM 2015:Representative of the SPCE to the SPC Symposium: Octavia Dobre, Memorial University, Canada. A total of 150 papers were received. Review process was still undergoing with 4 assigned receivers for each paper. Decision not made yet.
- CT Symposium – GLOBECOM 2015:Representative of the SPCE to the SPC Symposium: Jingxian Wu University of Arkansas, USA. A total of 473 papers were received. Review process was undergoing with 4 assigned receivers for each paper. Decision not made yet.
- ICC 2016: Our representatives: Shaodan Ma and Dr. Tomohiko Taniguchi for SPC Symposium; Dimitrie Popescu for WC Symposium; Xu Zhu for CT Symposium.
- GLOBECOM 2016: Our nominations: Maged Elkashlan, WC Symposium, Jinhong Yuan for CT Symposium, Trung Q. Duong for SPC Symposium, and Muhammad Zeeshan Shakir for CogRN Symposium.
4. Other Endorsed Conferences
- APCC 2015 (Kyoto, Japan); Members involved: Tomoaki Ohtsuki, Takahiko Saba, Hai Lin
- ICSPCS 2015 (Cairns, Australia); Members involved: Tadeusz A. Wysocki, Jinhong Yuan, Octavia Dobre
- WCSP 2015 (Nanjing, China); Members involved: Yulong Zou, Lingyang Song, Meixia Tao, Wei Xu
5. Standards Liaisons Report – SDB board liaison: Rath Vannithamby, Intel Corp.
- IEEE 5G Workshop was held on 21st Apr’15 with participation from Industry and Academia (20 members). Radio-Channel modelling, RAN-Front-hauling, Core Network-Cloud based API, Services-Radio analytics aspects discussed. Further discussions are also planned to discuss formation of research/study groups. Participation via ComSoc community website.
- 3GPP 5G Workshop (non-IEEE standards activity). A workshop will take place so that companies can share their views on the next generation radio technology and the work required by radio access network (RAN). The workshop will take place on Sep 17-18 in Phoenix, US.
6. Special Interest Group (SIG) Activity Report – The TC Chair Dr. Hai Lin overviewed the recent initiatives of SPCE in engaging the members. The following SIGs have been approved:
- SIG on Signal Processing Techniques in 5G Communication Systems. Chairs include Chau Yuen, SUTD, Singapore; Woon Hau Chin, Toshiba Research Lab, UK; Yan Zhang, Simula Research Lab, Norway; Linglong Dai, Tsinghua University, China and Shiwen Mao, Auburn University, USA. Over 20 members have been recruited.
- SIG on Signal Processing Techniques for Big Data in Wireless Networks. Chair: Jingxian Wu, University of Arkansas; Vice Chair: Huaiyu Dai, North Carolina State University. Proposed activity plan includes: Journal special issues: JSAC, IEEE Access, EURASIP WIN; Conference workshops and special sessions: Globecom, ICC, WCNC, GlobeSIP; Form LinkedIn group.
7. Other Business – Next SPCE meeting will be held during GLOBECOM 2015 in San Diego, USA.
8. Adjourn – The meeting was adjourned at 1:00 PM. There were 71 people in attendance.
Appendix: List of Meeting Attendees
|Gan Zheng||University of Essexemail@example.com|
|Sangarapillri Lambotharan||Loughborough Universityfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Yiqing Zhou||Chinese Academy of Sciencesemail@example.com|
|Ling Liu||Chinese Academy of Sciencesfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Xiangyun Zhou||Australian National Universityemail@example.com|
|Salman Durrani||Australian National Universityfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Nan Yang||Australian National Universityemail@example.com|
|Wei Wang||Zhejiang Universityfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Guanding Yu||Zhejiang Universityemail@example.com|
|Taewon Hwang||Yonsei Universityfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Adlen Ksentini||University of Rennes1email@example.com|
|Biao He||Australian National Universityfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Y-W. Peter Hong||National Tsing Hua Univ.||email@example.com|
|His-Pin Ma||National Tsing Hua Univ.||firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Xijun Wang||Xidian Universityemail@example.com|
|Edward Jorswieck||TU Dresdenfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Octavia Dobre||Memorial Universityemail@example.com|
|Hai Lin||Osaka Perfecture Universityfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Xianbin Wang||Western Universityemail@example.com|
|Wei Liu||University of Sheffieldfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Takahiko Saba||Chiba Institute of Technologyemail@example.com|
|Markku Juntti||University of Oulufirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Shaodan Ma||University of Macauemail@example.com|
|Tomoki Ohtsuki||Keio Universityfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|P. Y. Kam||National University of Singaporeemail@example.com|
|Scott Fowler||Linkoping Universityfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Jingxian Wu||University of Arkansasemail@example.com|
|Yonghui Li||University of Sydneyfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Agge Los Bletasas||Technical University of Creteemail@example.com|
|Wei Chen||Tsinghua Universityfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Andrea Conti||University of Ferraraemail@example.com|
|Yuan Shen||Tsinghua Universityfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Zhu Han||University of Houstonemail@example.com|
|Moon Ho Lee||Chonbuk National Universityfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Jinhong Yuan||University of New South Walesemail@example.com|
|Fulvio Babich||University of Triesiefirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Xiaojun Yuan||Shanghai Tech, Chinaemail@example.com|
|Chia-Han Lee||Academia Sinica||Chiahan@citi.sinica.edu.tw|
|Linda Davis||University of South Austrialiafirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Fanggang Wang||Beijing Jiaotong Universityemail@example.com|
|Jingwen Zhang||Beijing Jiaotong Universityfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Xiaoli Chu||University of Sheffieldemail@example.com|
|Ming Ding||NICTA, Australiafirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Hongjian Sun||Durham Universityemail@example.com|
|Linglong Dai||Tsinghua Universityfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Trung Q. Duong||Qeen’s University Belfastemail@example.com|
|Qoor Tuan Vien||Middlesex Universityfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Tarik Taleb||Aalto Universityemail@example.com|
|Weixi Zhou||Southeast Jiaotong Universityfirstname.lastname@example.org`|
|Hao Song||Southeast Jiaotong Universityemail@example.com|
|Yun Liao||Peking Universityfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Chih-Peng Li||National Sun Yat-Sen Universityemail@example.com|
|Chin-Liang Wang||National Tsing Hua Univ.||firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Xu Zhu||University of Liverpoolemail@example.com|
|Chengxiang Wang||Heriot-Watt Universityfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Hunh-Yu Wei||National Taiwan Universityemail@example.com|
|Tzu-Hsien Sang||National Chiao Tung Universityfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Huan Nguyen||Middlesex Universityemail@example.com|
|Jing Yang||University of Arkansas||Jingyang@uark.edu|
|Dimitry Kliazovich||University of Luxeenbourgfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Song Guo||Unviersity of Aizuemail@example.com|
|Marco Mretti||University of Pisafirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Chau Yuen||Singpaore University of Technology and Designemail@example.com|
|Lingyang Song||Peking Universityfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Xiaojiang Du||Temple Universityemail@example.com|
|Cheng Li||Memorial Universityfirstname.lastname@example.org|