EEE COMMUNICATIONS SOCIETY
Signal Processing and Communications Electronics Technical Committee (SPCE)
Meeting at ICC 2013, Budapest, Hungary
11 June, 2013
- Introductions – The meeting began at 12:30 PM. Attendees introduced themselves. SPCE Chair Nallanathan Arumugam welcomed the members to the meeting.
- Minutes of GC 2012 – The draft GC 2012 meeting minutes were shown and Chair Arumugam asked if there were any necessary modifications. There were none and the minutes were then approved to be posted on the SPCE Web site.
- Technical Program Committee Reports
- ICC 2013: Andreas F. Molisch, TPC Chair. Andrea Conti, Iain Collings, TPC Vice-Chairs. SPC Co-Chairs: Hai Lin, Octavia Dobre, Said Boussakta. Prof. Lin reported 216 submissions, 85 accepted, acceptance ratio 39.3%.
- GLOBECOM 2013: John Barry, TPC Chair. Matt Valenti and Tommaso Melodia, TPC Vice-Chairs. SPC Symposium Co-Chairs: Huiayu Dai, Octavia Dobre, and Tao Jiang. Prof. Dobre reported 143 submissions. Representatives of the SPCE to the CTS Symposium: Nallanathan Arumugam and to the WCS Symposium: Hai Lin (as Co-Chairs). Profs. Arumugam and Lin reported 136 and 372 submissions, respectively.
- ICC 2014: Abbas Jamalipour, TPC Chair. Sanjay Jha and Grenville Armitage, TPC Vice-Chairs. SPC Symposium Lead Co-Chair: Tomohiko Taniguchi. Dr. Taniguchi reported that the CFP was prepared and submitted to the TPC Chair.
- GLOBECOM 2014: Robert Heath and Jeff Andrews, TPC Vice-Chairs. Representatives of the SPCE to the SPC Symposium: Luc Deneire, WCS Symposium: Feifei Gao, and CTS Symposium: P. Y. Kam (as Co-Chairs).
- ICC 2015: Nathan Gomes and Athanassios Manikas, TPC Vice-Chairs. Representative of the SPCE which were proposed for the SPC Symposium: Claudio da Silva and Fu-Chun Zheng, WCS Symposium: Trang Quang Duong, and CTS Symposium: Xu Zhu.
- GLOBECOM 2015: 6-10 December 2015, San Diego, CA, USA, TPC Chair and Vice-Chairs (TBD)
- Endorsed Conferences
- LATINCOM 2013: SPCE Volunteers in TPC: Nan Zhao, Dalian University of Technology, China, Tomohiko Taniguchi, Fujitsu Laboratories, Japan, Pooi-Yuen Kam, National University of Singapore, Singapore, Chih-Ping Li MIT, USA, and Hung Nguyen, Aerospace Cooperation, USA.
- B. ICNC 2014: SPCE Volunteers in TPC (TBD)
- Technical recognition award – The guidelines have been discussed and approved. Nominations are received by August 15, 2013, and the first award will be presented at the IEEE GLOBECOM 2013.
C Re-certifications: questionnaire submitted already. Committee decision available during GLIBECOM 2013.
- Other Businesses:
- All TCs are re-evaluated every three years. Questionnaire for the SPCE TC were filled out and submitted. The re-evaluation committee will announce its decision at GLOBECOM 2013.
- Industry involvement/ Standard involvement: Moe Win raised the issue of industry involvement and involvement in standard development.
- Next SPCE meeting will be held during GLOBECOM 2013 in Atlanta, GA, USA.
Adjourn – The meeting was adjourned at 1:00 PM. There were 31 people in attendance.
|Nallanathan Arumugam||King’s College Londonfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Hai Lin||Osaka Pref. Universityemail@example.com|
|Tomohiko Taniguchi||Fujitsu Labs, Japanfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Octavia Dobre||Memorial Universityemail@example.com|
|His-Pin Ma||National Tsinghua Universityfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Tomoaki Ohtsuki||Keio Universityemail@example.com|
|Michael Rice||Brigham Young Universityfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Andrea Conti||University of Ferraraemail@example.com|
|Dimitrie Popescu||Old Dominion Universityfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Pei-Jung Chung||University of Edinburgemail@example.com|
|Chih-Peng Li||National Sun Yat-Sen Universityfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Davide Dardari||University of Bolognaemail@example.com|
|Andrea Giorgetti||University of Bolognafirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Pooi-Yuen Kam||National University of Singaporeemail@example.com|
|Scott CH Huang||National Tsing Hua Universityfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Luc Deneire||University of Nice Sophia Antipolisemail@example.com|
|Xianbin Wang||University of Western Ontariofirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Adam Noel||University of British Columbiaemail@example.com|
|Trung Q. Duong||Blekinge Institute of Technologyfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Tony Quek||Singapore Univ. of Tech. and Designemail@example.com|
|Shaodan Ma||University of Macaofirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Tiffany Jing Li||Lehigh Universityemail@example.com|
|Jingxian Wu||University of Arkansasfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Lingjia Liu||University of Kansasemail@example.com|
|Jie Li||University of Tsukubafirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Igor Bisio||University of Genevaemail@example.com|
|Cheng Li||Memorial Universityfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Jamming Wu||National Tsing Hua Universityemail@example.com|
|Lingyang Song||Peking Universityfirstname.lastname@example.org|